Find Something

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Dystopian Romances:Eve-Anna Carey

Eve (The Eve Trilogy, #1) Eve by Anna Carey
Date Released: October 4th 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen         
Pages: 318 pages
Date Read: April 3, 2012
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library
Goodreads Synopsis:  Where do you go when nowhere is safe?
Sixteen years after a deadly virus wiped out most of Earth's population, the world is a perilous place. Eighteen-year-old Eve has never been beyond the heavily guarded perimeter of her school, where she and two hundred other orphaned girls have been promised a future as the teachers and artists of the New America. But the night before graduation, Eve learns the shocking truth about her school's real purpose--and the horrifying fate that awaits her.
Fleeing the only home she's ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Arden, her former rival from school, and Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust . . . and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.
In this epic new series, Anna Carey imagines a future that is both beautiful and terrifying. Readers will revel in "Eve"'s timeless story of forbidden love and extraordinary adventure.


My Review:

Tagline: "Where do you go when nowhere is safe?"

Eve was a book that was super good! I loved Eve, Caleb (the swoon-worthy boy I'll talk about later), the romance, and dystopian elements make Eve the perfect read. The book starts out with a letter from Eve's mom talking about a terrible plague that will happen to the world, and foreshadows a little of what's going to happen in the future. I was always up trying to finish the book, and you know I love it when a book does that. *nods* But at times it kinda dragged and Eve was naive at times :)

I liked Eve a lot. She was quirky, made me laugh at times, and she was the type of person you would so want to meet! Her innocents made me laugh and cry and she made the book so much fun to read! :) She lives at the School where the girls are kept to learn all the things a women needs to know. They tell her never to go out the School, because of the men, they growed to fear and hate. Eve starts to question why she here and in the middle of her biggest night, graduation, a girl named Arden escapes. Eve is in complete shock it more like someone doing something weird and our reaction is similar to Eve.


“Sometimes it seems like all the things I need to know, I don’t. And all the things I do know are completely wrong.”  
After that, everything falls into place and it actually flowed together! She meets Caleb, the guy she really want to love to hate but with their adventures in the forest they grow a lot. I loved their conversations! It always made me laugh! Great Job Ana Carey! I got a great idea of the setting through both of them. And sometimes the people you know you hate turn out to be more, just like for Eve :D

crying man

“loving someone meant knowing your life will be worse without them in it.” 

The ending had in shock. I was just like "What??!!!" and I needed Book 2, Once after finishing Eve.  It made me tear up a little and it was the bittersweat ending type! *puts hands up in exasperation* There was a couple of unanswered questions and I hope it gets answerd in Once. Eve is a great read it you love your dystopains with romance and action. And it your read Wither or Shatter Me, which I both loved, Eve will be a great read! :D

 “Love was death’s only adversary, the only thing powerful enough to combat its clawing, desperate grasp.”  

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I totally forgot that I own this book!! I'll have to put it on my to-read pile for this month. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! Great review, Patrick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this, but your enthusiasm makes me want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eve is one of those books you secretly want to read, but end up debating with yourself after reading all those mixed reviews. But let me tell you: Eve was a pretty satisfying read.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio