Find Something

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Clean-Amy Reed


Clean by Amy Reed 
Date Released: May 8th 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 288 pages
Date Read: January 24, 2012
Format: Hardcover
Source: Rented from the library
Goodreads Sypnosis:
You’re probably wondering how I ended up here. I’m still wondering the same thing.
Olivia, Kelly, Christopher, Jason, and Eva have one thing in common: They're addicts. Addicts who have hit rock bottom and been stuck together in rehab to face their problems, face sobriety, and face themselves. None of them wants to be there. None of them wants to confront the truths about their pasts. And they certainly don’t want to share their darkest secrets and most desperate fears with a room of strangers. But they'll all have to deal with themselves and one another if they want to learn how to live. Because when you get that high, there's nowhere to go but down, down, down.

My Review:

Clean by Amy Reed was suprisingly good! I heard very little things about Clean by Amy Reed, so when I saw it at my library I had to try it out for myself. I finished this book in one sitting because it was true, real, and honest. There something about people dealing with intense problems like being addicts really got to me and maybe that's why I enjoyed Clean! ;) The book was also written ina fun, quirky way it was easy to read!

Life is hard for Jason, Christopher, Eva, Olivia, and Kelly since they are addicts. Clean showed how each one started with the drugs and pills to feel the numbness took them straight to rehab. Kelly, Jason, and Olivia really stood out to me. There was something that I could sense that really got into my skin with how they ended up the way they are. It really made me want to see them move away from the drugs and I was voting for them all the way, if they makes sense. *looks around*

Clean should be read my every teenager facing things like the choice to take drugs and pills to realize that by doing that your only heading straight to rehab and losing your sanity.
This book was just amazing in every way and I'm excited for what Amy Reed has next!! :P Giving it 4 stars!! :D A book for fans of Ellen Hopkins verse novels!

“Nothing made me the way I am. Nothing but me.”

“What if I'm so broken I can never do something as basic as feed myself? Do you realize how twisted that is? It amazes me sometimes that humans still exist. We're just animals, after all. And how can an animal get so removed from nature that it loses the instinct to keep itself alive?”

1 comments:

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio