Find Something

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer-Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Date Released:September 27th 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing 

Pages: 452 pages
Date Read: November 18th 2011
Format: Hardcover
Source: Bought from Barnes and Noble 
Goodreads Blurb:
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.
                                      
   My Review:

Have you wanted a book so badly because it has such a great cover with an dazzling, mysterious description? Well, that's what I felt buying this book in the rain! I really wanted to love it so much, but I can't!! And its fustrating, since you either love it or hate it. With a cover so beautiful, you can only tear through this book expecting so much more.

I loved the writing! Michelle Hodkin writes twisted and lyrical that most of the time everything is fast-paced and I really liked it! :D It was flawless and enjoyable, making me actually finish this book! And Noah... He really made this book come alive with his British accent and his love to Mara, a flawless romantic he was a jumping, gripping character!
Mara was really easy to relate to with having PTSD ever since her accident and she was really trying to fit in and was really believeable.

Most of the events in this book was really unpredictable! You didn't know when a beuatiful, steamy romace scene would erupt on the pages or a creepy, lyrical part will want you to hide and turn on all the lights in your house! The ending was crazy!! I'm so excited to see how the sequel will turn out and my jaw litterally dropped! :P I am not telling about it!!!!!!!!

Will I re-read it again? Maybe not...but with that awesomeauce cover maybe! And do I recomend it? Yeah, but don't come into this books with big expectations.


 “You want me as much as I want you. And all I want is you."
My tongue warred with my mind. "Today," I whispered.
Noah stood slowly, his body skimming mine as he rose. "Today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Forever.”


 

You Might Also Like:
                              

1 comments:

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio